Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Butter... butter... butter...

Comments regarding Pioneer Woman using 121 pounds of butter during filming her Food Network in blog post named, "The harsh (and delicious) Reality".

Category:  WTF??  

Joyce On Wednesday, June 15 at 10:28 am
My daughter tells me that when I die she is having my headstone engraved “SHE ATE TOO MUCH BUTTER”.

Sonia On Wednesday, June 15 at 10:29 am
I don’t know whether to air high-five you or shed a proud tear! I love butta!

marla rae On Wednesday, June 15 at 10:36 am
Good grief Butter McButterson!!!

Debbie in Peculiar MO On Wednesday, June 15 at 11:10 am
Butter and salt are my two favorite food groups.
Butter comes from the gods, directly through the butter churn.
When I was little, I used to steal pats of butter when Mama was cooking, and run to the living room and eat it by the front door. I don’t know why. It was fun. I stole a chunk of raw potato once. It needed butter. And salt.

sarah w On Wednesday, June 15 at 11:36 am
holy moly! that is more butter then i weigh? could you imagine a stick size me made out of butter?? too funny.


tj On Wednesday, June 15 at 1:03 pm
…Gosh, after reading about all that butter it makes me dream of laying down in a bed of butter…oooooo… ;o) I love butter. I love to eat it, bake with it, shoot – I would slather it on my skin if people didn’t think of me as creepy…lol  ) Yeah Ree, I think you may have broken a world record or something. I’d check into that if I were you…  )
…Thank you for the contest, it was fun! 121 lbs. of butter…I never would’ve imagined it!
…Butter Blessings

Sara On Wednesday, June 15 at 10:29 am
Recently, well over three months I held a fundraiser so I could go to a Church Workers conference and well, over the course of that time I probably used close to 75lbs of butter, and let’s just say I thought THAT was a lot!
Sara

jodi On Wednesday, June 15 at 11:07 am
butter unhealthy?!! everything in moderation. I’d say more but my memaw always taught me “if ya can’t say something nice, don’t say anything at all”.


Category:  Ass kissing

Michele On Wednesday, June 15 at 10:31 am
We’ll have to start calling you Paula Deen Junior!

Sarah On Wednesday, June 15 at 10:50 am
I take my hat off to you ma’am, and hope someday I can be just like you. Except I want to use an equal amount of heavy cream at the same time.

Lisa On Wednesday, June 15 at 12:09 pm
PW,
Thank you for your oasis of sanity in an otherwise whacky world. Butter, and lots of it, makes me smile, as does all your well-deserved success.
Thank you for the love and truth you put into sharing your life as PW. You are my hero(ine).
XxxLisa

Valerie On Wednesday, June 15 at 12:35 pm
Hey Ree,
Did you know that butter is actually GOOD FOR US? SO not what we’re brainwashed into believing! Butter includes vitamins A, D, K2,and E. It also contains lecithin, iodine and selenium as well as manganese, chromium, zinc, and copper!

Category:  Randomness

Kate On Wednesday, June 15 at 11:40 am
Deep fried butter is the newest offering at the Wisconsin State Fair…

Category:  Sane

Ashley Boyd On Wednesday, June 15 at 10:40 am
Out of curiousity, I googled how many calories were in a stick of butter to see how many you used during the last two weeks.  808 calories per stick x 484 sticks = 391,072 calories. Whoa!
(Not to be a buzz kill… )

Anthony from CharismaticKid On Wednesday, June 15 at 10:52 am
This is incredibly unhealthy. You should be ashamed of yourself for glorifying being a glutton.

cathy On Wednesday, June 15 at 10:55 am
What I want to know is what did the other residents of Pawhuska do after you bought all the butter in town?

Danette Doucette On Wednesday, June 15 at 11:04 am
I was trying to imagine what one would cook in that amount of time that would use that amount of butter and I gotta tell ya I am honoured to say that I know someone who accomplished such a feat. I figured there might have been some sort of ritualistic butter baptisms or something. WOW.

Erin On Wednesday, June 15 at 11:47 am
I’m not sure I can ever think of you the same way again. It will take some time.

Kristen On Wednesday, June 15 at 12:09 pm
I just wonder, was all the food you prepared actually eaten? Cause 121 pounds of butter is sure a lot. seems wasteful to me….even for just a tv show.

Reply to Kristen:
        Susan On Wednesday, June 15 at 12:25 pm
Wow…what a Debbie Downer…

Ms. Murphy On Wednesday, June 15 at 1:11 pm
Butter is great stuff but- Hello- it is the 21st Century and we all know what too much butter does to our arteries – get a clue and get off the massive use of butter, try substituting with 1/2 butter, 1/2 applesauce in a oatmeal cookie recipe – it works great and is healthy!

Cryssy On Wednesday, June 15 at 1:51 pm
I find it scary that you used as much butter as this mother of two weighs!

Gwen On Wednesday, June 15 at 3:19 pm
I am shocked an disgusted by this! 121 lbs?! I thought I was being ridiculous with 21.

Niteowl Nancy On Wednesday, June 15 at 5:55 pm
If another foodblogger so kindly helped to feed the crew, my burning question is “Who ate all that foodthat you cooked?!” Wowzers!

Category:  LOL

Helen H. On Wednesday, June 15 at 1:18 pm
Also something to consider next time is maybe just buying the butter sculpture from the fair to use. I’ve seen a cow, Elvis, and assorted other buttery effigies (sp?). Might save some time unwrapping and would add a lovely decorative touch to your kitchen while you cook

goosefeathers On Wednesday, June 15 at 12:21 pm
Holy Cows ! Holy Herds of Dairy Cows !

Note from Snark:  1 pound of body fat = 3500 calories.  Ree used the equivalent of 112 pounds of body fat in butter to shoot her food network show.  

No comments:

Post a Comment